Sunday, March 27, 2011










Today I made a lightweight wool blend coat for my littlest C. I finally used one of the patterns in a Japanese sewing book. Anyone else have several Japanese books but never got to actually using them? A couple of years ago I started on a really adorable pant from this book, but ended up with a headache from finding the pattern pieces and never got back around to it.



This is a really sweet and easy pattern and it's a generous but flattering fit. It has adorable kimono like 3/4 length sleeves and it's fully lined.  And it passes her comfort test.
Next time I'll post the book and and a pair of jeans I made for DS.

5 comments:

  1. I just found your blog! You are one talented gem.
    and the kiddies are the cutest little birds i've seen
    love!

    kisses,
    amy !
    www.amyflyingakite.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That little jacket is lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eh, that reminds me I have a few of those Japanese sewing books myself... that have never been used. So far.
    Beautiful coat and your littlest one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is so big now. You did a lovely job. I have a few books I have never used, but plan to one day if ever I find the time with three little ones.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous. I am totally in awe of people who can make clothes and make them look so good.

    hello, btw - I lurk here, but don't comment as often as I should.

    ReplyDelete