Monday, March 14, 2011

back at the machine







I'm back at my desk sewing after a short hiatus. I had surgery in December and I fell in love with knitting again. After years of unfinished socks, sweaters, etc, I realized I was approaching knitting the wrong way. I was impatiently knitting away, then giving up because of the time it takes to see a project to completion. While recuperating I learned that all those knits and purls can be relaxing and wonderful.


Anyway, I am hoping to have an update in a couple of weeks. But I am distracted by the immense sadness I am feeling for the Japanese people as they struggle with horrifying events that have/are taking place. I lived in Japan for 6 years and went to kindergarten there so I have many fond memories. I also called New Zealand home for 3 years in my youth so I was saddened by the tragedies there, and now this. Thankfully the friends we still keep in touch with are okay.  I can't help holding my two little ones close to me and remember that life is fragile and we are blessed everyday we are together.

2 comments:

  1. Hope you are recovering well. Happy to see you back and excited to see what loveliness you bring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! it feels good to be back at it.

    ReplyDelete