Tuesday, August 17, 2010

finally! Plush You LA



I finished these two dolls for the Plush You LA 2010 show. I am really in love with Amelie, the blue hair girl. She is the favorite of everything I have made so far. Her little jacket is made of Liberty fabric with a peter pan collar made of a vintage Japanese textile. She is wearing little wool pantaloons and I embroidered a little shirt placket onto her linen body. Since I had to pull out of the Luv-able Hug-able show last year, I am super excited to be participating at this awesome show. I know it's not really a cohesive collection, but I decided to send little Jersey birdie along too.

As I am typing this on my husband's mac, he is working away at my mac book. Because...I spilled a whole mug of tea onto it last week and it's basically fried. I can't help screaming, stupid is as stupid does because...

1) it's less than a year old
2) I've spilled coffee all over a few dolls last year and that has not taught me to keep liquids away from my desk
3) my daughter actually dumped about 1/4 cup of tea on it last month but it miraculously survived that incident and that has not taught me to keep liquids away from my desk
4) our external hard drive was over capacity and so I had not backed up at all this year which means most of my packaging designs I created this year is GONE!

Gosh, I am so pissed off at myself and I know I do not deserve any sympathy from you all at ALL.

16 comments:

  1. beautiful work Sara, the detail on your dolls is amazing! sorry to hear about your tea mishap, hope you can rescue your files...it would be useful if there was an apple z function in real life sometimes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so pretty, i love em'!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are adorable! Probably the cutest dolls I've ever seen. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these dolls. They are perfect!

    I've had some close calls with coffee. It's always nearby when I'm sewing/working on my netbook. I've had a few spills, but nothing too bad yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks everyone! Yeah, that apple z in real life would be so great!
    but coffee/tea + blog reading is a must right??

    ReplyDelete
  6. What adoreable little dolls! Really hope you manage to rescue your mac... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh sooooooooooooo pretty. Cant wait for the next shop update.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking at your beautiful dolls has made my morning. Your creativity amazes me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your dolls are so beautifully. Their clothes are inspiring! Lovely work.

    From Vic in New Zealand

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh sara, these dolls are stunning. i agree amelie is my favorite of all your creations. someday i hope to get my hands on one of your blue haired dolls. good luck at the show.

    ps. i remember your spill last year. xo.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know how you feel. My old pc just totally died on me and I lost a ton of stuff, so I made the switch to mac which I love. I also love tea and my cup is precariously close as I type this. Hope you can fix it. Love the dolls...really really love them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow these are so cute! Love the Amelie doll, the blue hair is amazing :)
    But I really hope your computer is fixable :(

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your work is just lovely...so glad to find your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Why aren't these so beautiful! thanks for sharing

    love
    polli

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello! I really love your work, and my mother actually bought one of the two for me as a birthday present.
    (^_^)
    When i went to the plush show, these dolls were the first to draw me forward.
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your attention to detail and originality is impressive. Love these dolls.

    ReplyDelete