Tuesday, May 12, 2009

news...

I hope all you mothers out there had the best day ever. I didn't get to sleep in because that is an absolute impossibility with two babes laughing and hollering but I had a wonderful home cooked dinner:

We went hiking up in the woods where the air and smell of the forest was just heavenly. My little one making one of her funny faces:


Nothing on the shop front but I am working really hard on an order for HIJKIDS (sorry it's late Kristine!). I don't do wholesale or large orders but made an exception for a lovely friend and her sweet online shop:


Hopefully these girls will be in her hands by late May because...we will be going to the UK in 10 days time!! This was sort of a last minute thing and the thought of flying, and flying with two young children is making me really nervous but I am so excited. We haven't been for about 2.5 years and this will be the first time for the littlest.

Can't wait for:

: going into the center of Cambridge (we are staying at my in-laws, in a quaint little village outside Cambridge)
: a full english breakfast
: topshop
: thrift finds at oxfam shops
: real bangers and mash
: FISH AND CHIPS!!
: sleeping in (my MIL is the best! truly!)
: pint of real ale
: mini trip to London
: fabric shopping - where i can pick up some liberty fabric
: the best indian food - outside India
: visiting stately homes
: lovely countryside and wild little rabbits
: English yogurt and bread
: visiting husband's extensive network of family and friends

Which means my little shop will be closed for June but I will continue blog posts with hopefully some photos of our little trip. Does anyone have any tips for air travel with 2 young ones? We decided not to buy a seat for our 16 month old as British Airways has a infant seat thing that they attach to the bassinet table. Hope I don't regret that decision.

9 comments:

  1. Oh lucky you. Have fun! Lovin those dolls - beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. have a great trip! I am very envious espically the London part. I lived there for 4 years and miss it a lot. Looking forward to your return...I just HAVE to have one of your birds x

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're flying from Ft. Meyers, FL all the way to Germany, straight through with our two young ones to visit in-laws in July. It's going to be a looooong flight!

    I'm so scared of flying! I'm going to bring gum (the only other time I flew my ears popped so bad that they continued to do so every time I yawned two days later), my i-pod (for take offs and landings), plenty of coloring books/activity books for the girls....oh, and their leapsters! I'm so scared they will be scared too!

    Oh...your daughter is just soooooo cute in that pic, I love her hair! Good luck keeping a 16 month old entertained throughout the flight (kidding, you guys will be fine)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll be flying to the UK with my little one in November (on my own! Its a 36 hour trip from Melbourne...) so if you pick up any tips, please pass them on!
    Oh, I love your list of things you're looking forward to, they are all on my list of things I miss....even Cambridge, as my brother lives there.
    Have a great trip, enjoy! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cost Plus has great little fun things to take on a trip with kids. Like a ping pong fishing game and a magic drawing slate. Fun and cheap. I also love hungry hippos travel game. I buy new notepads, fun crayons, stickers, and pencils. I have my bags packed for our long trip to Melbourne. Have a great holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a great holiday. I am sure the family is going to have a great time. I was hoping to try and snap up a blue haired girl for Poppy's birthday but I will have to put it on the back burner if the shop is shut - are you going to do anymore of those?
    Happy mothers day, I love the scrunched up face - she is getting so grown!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my have a wonderful trip!! I would love to go with you:) Just pack lots of little fun reading books and coloring books and new color pencils.Have fun going to the shops and thrift stores. If you run into bakelite silverware buy me some:) Have a fun and safe time:)Elma

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a wonderful trip and hope the flight goes well- I LOVE Cambridge and my son lives in Cottenham - a lovely village outside Cambridge- we often visit Wicken Fen - lovely for wildlife!! Have fun

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have a great trip! I'm jealous about topshop! :)

    ReplyDelete