Wednesday, March 11, 2009

machine sketching

Today I made a couple of pouches, a nice break from plush. Instead of hand embroidery, I used the sewing machine to sketch the Eames inspired rocking chair applique. I've love the machine sketching created by Cathy Cullis (everything she creates is just amazing) and I've been wanting to try that for some time. I'm not sure whether I will list these for the shop; I may hold on to them in case I apply for the San Francisco Renegade fair this summer. The beautifully soft wool/cotton beige plaid fabric I used for the chair pouch is from a fabric store I went to with my dear friend.

front
side

back
pomme pouch

I can't wait to make more.

3 comments:

  1. Hi

    I saw your comment on Mikodesigns blog and I got curios.

    I just love your little sprouts and pouch and dolls and and and..... your gift-wrapping looks cute too.

    Thanks for the inspiration!

    Greetings from Denmark - Malene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, please please please make some of these for your Etsy shop! Such good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glen thinks i am weird, but I do have a little bit of a chair obsession, and an Eames rocking chair has to be one of my all time faves! I so LOVE THIS ONE. I have been meaning to come back and tell you, one of my favourite things ever

    ReplyDelete