Tuesday, December 9, 2008

bird trio



To be honest, I've never been too fond of birds before I met my husband 8 years ago (I prefer fluffy little things like cats. love them). When I was 10 years old, I was literally attacked by a mother bird when I unwittingly ventured too close to her nest. Then we moved to the area we live now and we are lucky enough to live a block away from an estuary, filled with absolutely beautiful birds such as herons, pelicans and so many different species... the occasional ray and dog sharks. My little twos love them. My husband is a true bird lover and has converted me too. So these birds are dedicated to them and they will be in my shop update on the 12th. I hope to have one yarn hair doll and two or three Charlottes. Hopefully I can post a pic on Thursday.

6 comments:

  1. I am so excited that you are blogging. I can't wait to see what goodies you have in store. I so love these birds, they are so cute - and the yarn haired dolls - don't get me started. If only the Aussie dollar was fairing better. Perhaps by mid-next year I can get one for Poppy's birthday, not for me at all you understand (tee hee)

    ReplyDelete
  2. welcome to the blogging world, sara. i am so excited for you.
    i remember about the bird story.
    your birds are adorable and i would love to adopt one someday....

    ReplyDelete
  3. -Yeah! So happy that you now have a blog. I have just added it to my list of daily reads. I love the blog banner and seeing your new creations. Can't wait for your shop update.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute birds Sara.Nice start to your blog.Looking forward to reading more.ginny

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your beautiful work! Welcome to the blogging world!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hello! i have always loved the little dresses you used to make! i am having my first girl after 4 boys and would love to see you making the dresses again! :) the birds are just as sweet!

    happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete